Acceptable use policy
The debiansystem.info web site contains a forum in which users can converse. To guard against abuse, it is necessary to place a number of rules upon this medium. These rules server primarily for protection of the site operators, not to limit the users. By using the forum on this site, you agree to abide by the following rules.
I (the author, Martin F. Krafft) reserve the right to terminate access to any account in the face of abuse. Furthermore, I reserve the right to delete content, without notice, found to be in violation of this acceptable use policy.
Information you provide or upload to this web site may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
- Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users.
- I reserve the right to remove user-created content that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, obscenity, or profanity.
- I may, at will and without notice, remove postings or ban participants that are deemed objectionable or that violate this acceptable use policy.
- The forum is designated exclusively for non-commercial use. Any postings with commercial intentions will be removed and offenders banned.
- I will not tolerate behaviour or content related to illegal activities. You must not use this site to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, child pornography, bestiality incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
- You may not use the forum for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this acceptable use policy.
- Do not post messages that contain photos, music, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. I am not responsible for any use of material posted by users.
- Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
- In addition to upholding this acceptable use policy, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
- I caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver's license number, password, etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet and this site. I recommend you install a virus protection programme on your computer and keep it up to date.
- Any content submitted to this site becomes property of this site and may be used freely with attribution to the original author for the purpose of this site, the book "The Debian System," or related projects.
Thank you for following this acceptable use policy and your interest in the book "The Debian System."
I reserve the right to amend or change the acceptable use policy at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
Updated: 21 June 2005
Last modified 2005-06-21 02:31